Silent Night – Christmas Markets in Salzburg and Tyrol
Enjoy the splendour of Salzburg, the atmosphere of Austria’s Christmas markets and discover the origins and legacy of the world’s most famous Christmas carol: Silent Night, Holy Night. Since they were written in the early 19th century the original German lyrics have been translated into more than 300 languages and dialects and spread to the four corners of the world. In 2001 UNESCO declared the carol an intangible cultural heritage in Austria. Two men are credited with creating this song: The curate Joseph Mohr who wrote the lyrics and the schoolteacher and Organist Franz Xaver Gruber who composed the melody. Wander in their footsteps and see the places that inspired them to create this immortal piece of music.
Make your way to Austria and check in at your hotel in the Salzburg area. Immerse yourself in the pre-Christmas atmosphere with some hot punch or mulled wine and Christmas biscuits before dinner.
- 3 nights incl. BB in a middle-class Hotel in the Salzburg area
- 1x mulled wine or punch and biscuits at the hotel
- 3x 3-course evening meal at the hotel
- 1x entry to Franz Xaver Gruber Gedenkhaus in Hochburg-Ach
- 1x entry to Silent Night Museum in Arnsdorf
- 1x guided tour of Salzburg
- 1x entry to Museum at Widumspfiste in Fugen
- Mozart Dinner & Concert in Salzburg instead of dinner at hotel
- Sound of Salzburg Dinner Show instead of dinner at hotel
- Horse and carriage ride in Kitzbuhel